Monday, March 16, 2009

Apparently Blogger sanctions slacking...

So, I tried to post over the weekend at home, but Blogger.com had some issues with my home internet. Not so much with the stolen internet I get at work, so I'm back. I hope everyone had lovely weekends. We actually hit 60s in Boston, so I'm incredibly grateful for that. I took a walk down to the library before reading a book in the park. Then reality set it, it got cold again and I walked home. Such is life in Boston, eh? 

Well, here's the round up from this weekend and today. As I said in my last post, I did spend some time with an old friend on Saturday, so I'm continuing with the "reunited" theme. The Patriot Ledger in the metrowest area of Boston reported on a Canton woman who was reunited with her daughters after 60 years. In the UK, two brothers met again after 50 years. The two had lost track of each other after each left a boys' home, according to Norwich Evening News 24. 

A double dose of happy - in Chambersburg, Pa., two women who hadn't been in touch since graduating high school not only found each other but teamed up to help animal welfare. (Chambersburg Public Opinion).

This next story, out of the Rome News-Tribune, reminds us that even now when the economy can make us feel like we have to cut back and sacrifice, we should be grateful for what we have.

The last one is a nice thought to end on. WPTV 5 out of West Palm Beach, Fla., highlights the story of two physically handicapped children overcoming their challenges to participate in an activity they both enjoy - martial arts.

No comments: