Monday, April 13, 2009

How is it Monday already?

This morning I'm definitely in holiday hangover mode. This weekend was a pretty great one - seeing friends I hadn't seen in a while, watching BU win the national title in ice hockey then having a terrific potluck Easter dinner with friends. I tried out a couple new recipes, but now I feel like I could use a day off to recover from my weekend. And do my laundry...

One last Easter mention - the AP has a short video on giant polystyrene Easter eggs Croatian artists have painted to show pastoral scenes from their homeland. These self-taught artists will be taking their eggs on the road as well, for exhibitions all over western Europe. 

Okay, I lied. One more Easter story. This past weekend a grateful preemie mom decided to give back to the unit who helped her sons for the first few months of their lives. She went out and bought an Easter bunny costume expressly to hop her way down the halls and bring some cheer to the children in a NICU in east Tennessee. 

I'll wrap up today with some "harder" news, if you will. The ship captain who was held hostage by Somali pirates has been rescued thanks to a daring rescue by Navy SEALS in choppy water. The Washington Post details the rescue and the crew and family reactions. And the First Family have a furry and four-legged addition to the family. Sen. Ted Kennedy gave the family a six-month old black and white Portuguese water dog Sasha and Malia have named Bo. There's a photo of the little guy in the AP's story - he's a total cutie pie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He's so cute! Myd dad has a Portuguese water dog. I told her she has relative in the white house. (: