Thursday, April 2, 2009

A hodgepodge on a drama-filled day...

Today has been one drama after the other for me at work. They've kept me busy all day. I'm definitely ready for tomorrow, if for no other reason than my parents are in town. I haven't seen them since Christmas, so I'm looking forward to being spoiled just a little. : ) 

Over the weekend, I watched one of the more amazing men's basketball games I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot. But I'm happy to say my Wildcats prevailed on a dramatic last shot. I was a terrible dinner companion since I had my eyes glued to the TV, but it all worked out in the end. I was a little surprised at first blush to see Frank Tchuisi wearing the net around his neck, but an article in the Philadelphia Inquirer reminded me how special Jay Wright's program and the people he chooses to be part of it are. 

Along the sports theme, I found a story in the Washington Post about a local high school boys lacrosse coach who talks about how his heart attack last summer has changed his life for the better and the lessons he hopes he can teach the boys he coaches. 

And lastly, a story on efluxmedia.com that tags along with yesterday's post about companies doing good things for average people. Walgreens is helping people who have been laid off from their jobs with free healthcare at their in-store clinics. This one struck a chord with me with all the talk I've heard from people around me (not in the news) about lay-offs. 

No comments: